While many fancy traveling solely to deviate from a normal routine and venture into nature, there is a cohort that prefers to travel and help others at the same time. This very need has resulted in the advent of Volunteer Tourism. Volunteer Tourism basically includes tourists going on vacations with a mission of helping out in a particular project or a certain target area. The main goal here is to help the people who are in need of service in the social and economic aspects of society. Nepal, largely a developing country, is built with societies and a populace which are relatively distant from the normal conventions of modernization. On top of that, natural disasters like landslides and earthquakes have made daily life in rural areas harsher than usual. Thus, Volunteer Tourism has now become one of the best and most effective ways to contribute to and rebuilt the remote communities in this Himalayan nation.
Prince Harry UK: In 2015 Nepal is affected by an earthquake. Prince Harry come to Nepal and he played a very big role to help people. He did volunteer in Gorkha, Lamjung, Tanahun, and many other districts for more-less than two weeks.
What to Expect?
• Interaction with people from indigenous communities of Nepal
• Active participation in volunteering activities in various sectors like education, health, and sanitation
• Taste of Nepalese cultures, norms, and traditions.
• Involvement with various organizations that work for orphans, the old, and the disabled populace
• Journey to some of the isolated areas in the country with splendid natural beauty and cultural abundance
• Working with various orphanages and old-age homes
• Providing education to the children of rural and remote areas (especially in community schools)
• Rebuilding the houses of indigenous people that were destroyed by an earthquake and other calamities in the remote regions of the country
• Renovation of physical structures like health posts, health clinics, and schools
• Encouraging the locals to participate in activities like tree plantation and sanitation programs
• Distribution of blankets, medicines, and education supplies
• Providing computer training and other technical skills to the woman.
• Assistance in blood donation campaigns
We regularly run different volunteer tourism packages around Nepal. If you are interested to join us in our volunteer tourism promotion trip packages, please contact us for more details.